Welcome!

"Healing Hands for Arianne" has been set up by friends and family of Arianne Jones, a young woman who suffered a ruptured aneurysm which resulted in subarachnoid hemorrhage on the evening of May 19, 2013. As we support Ari on her long road of recovery, updates will be posted here to share with those interested in helping. Whether you choose to pray for her, offer monetary support, or simply spread the word... we appreciate that you've stopped by. To donate to her benefit fund, please click the link below her picture on the right.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Progress, Progress, Progress

Hey everyone! I know it has been a while but I have lots to report to you! First and foremost Thank you for all of the prayers because they are being answered, for Arianne - steps toward recovery are being made. The family is doing pretty well, we are adjusting to our "new normal" ( A good friend shared that with me after her recent life change)  and for me personally, I have a little more peace and I am not trying to "fix" everything, because I am realizing that I can't. But I can rely on God to help me do "the next right thing". (Mick- my wonderful husband taught me that.)

Enough of that y'all want to hear about Arianne!  The second shunt has been working well, and neurologically she seems to be moving everything. PT and OT have been working with her and when we showed up today Arianne was standing in the hallway with  PT assisting her walking. It was and awesome sight!  Man God's timing is Awesome! So we cheered her on as she walked back into the room and then she proceeded to sit in the chair for another 2 hours.

The next issue to be dealt with is the trach. Speech Therapy was there on Saturday and gave her a beside swallow test. She did fairly well but they want to confirm with an official swallow study tomorrow. They also recommended that her trach be downsized so she can hopefully start talking, but we have to get the medical team to agree. She still is coughing up quite a lot of mucous, so we will see.

Speaking of talking, y'all know Arianne loves to talk, so this communication issue is frustrating her. I am getting a little better at the lip reading, but I am trying to get her just to tell me a few words not a whole sentence. :) She has been trying to write but spelling is a problem, she seems to be able to read and point to choices, but she has more to say that the choices that are offered. I think she is also having some short term memory problems which is common for brain aneurysm survivors.

Emotionally Arianne has good days and bad days but we have had to realize that although we have had 49 days to adjust to this, Arianne has only had about 7 to 10. I hate to see her sad but I know that it is all part of the grieving process that is necessary for her to go through. But when she smiles that beautiful smile, it gives me hope. As we were leaving today, I acknowledged how difficult this must be, and that yes it is going to be hard  work, but I assured her that she is not alone and that she is so loved by so many people. And that God still has a plan for her.

Until the next update, keep praying, posting encouraging comments, I think you can even send a get well gram by calling Methodist or maybe it is online and they will deliver at note to her room. And please put August 4th on your calendar! The benefit is another miracle in the works and should be a wonderful time.

With Gratitude,
Amy

3 comments:

  1. I am goose bumps from head to toe reading this update!!! I will keep praying for you guys and lighting candles for Ari's recovery! We love you and we are with you all the way!!!many hugs and kisses...God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Ari!!! Hugs and kisses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome, awesome news!! so glad to hear about her progress. Ari, we continue to pray for you - you are loved by so many folks! BFND! :)
    Carrie (Kroll) Davila

    ReplyDelete