Welcome!

"Healing Hands for Arianne" has been set up by friends and family of Arianne Jones, a young woman who suffered a ruptured aneurysm which resulted in subarachnoid hemorrhage on the evening of May 19, 2013. As we support Ari on her long road of recovery, updates will be posted here to share with those interested in helping. Whether you choose to pray for her, offer monetary support, or simply spread the word... we appreciate that you've stopped by. To donate to her benefit fund, please click the link below her picture on the right.

Friday, June 28, 2013

Good News!!!!

We went to visit with Arianne yesterday and she looked GREAT!! She has now been off the vent for 2 days, she is just on a little bit of oxygen.  The tracheostomy tube remains and a little pneumonia has her coughing up a lot of secretions. It seems the doctors have found a medicine that seems to keep her comfortable but not too sleepy.  Physical therapy and occupational therapy have started working with her, today they stood her up on the side of the bed and started working with shapes, textures and colors.  My lip reading skills are not so good and I think she may have gotten a little frustrated trying to communicate. We tried writing but that didn't work, however she was able to hold the marker in her right hand! They have given us some other communication tools but those didn't seem to help yet either. I read her cards that had been sent, and she cried when I read one from cousin Catherine. So we cried together and I kissed her and told her how much you all love her. She still needs to have a permanent VP shunt placed and that will happen early this week, so I pray we don't have any set backs after the surgery and I pray that the shunt works properly this time. Also benefit promo's have been airing on KSTAR 99.7 FM! Many thanks to Christine Amato for making that happen. Please feel free to comment or offer words of encouragement and I will print them and share them with Arianne.

5 comments:

  1. So many are praying for you - even though I only met you a few times, you are such a beautiful person inside and out - this horrible, faith-shaking situation will be behind you soon. We are praying for you, your family, your doctors and nurses.
    Believe in your complete recovery - because we do!
    Love,
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ari!!!! i only met you at happy hour and we had such good visit! I am storming the heavens for you girly and lighting candles too! i am so happy to hear the good news! slowly but surely you'll be back on your pretty feet and hanging out with all of us that hold you dear to our hearts! GOD BLESS you and may the great physician above keep working his miracles upon you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arianne, I miss seeing your sweet happy face. You are in my prayers daily, I have faith you will have a full recovery and be back to being your sweet happy self again. I cannot wait to see you again honey!!! You keep the faith and Believe in Gods Blessings!!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ari, I love and miss you girl!!! I am so happy you are doing better. I can't wait to see that beautiful smile of yours. You can light up a room. And I can't wait to see you! Love you, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ari!!
    I have been thinking about you since I heard of your situation. I just couldn't believe it. But, you seem to be on a great healing journey. I have been the caretaker of this similar journey with my grandma. She is doing great with her new permanent shunt. So many hugs and prayers out to you! Now hurry up and get well so you can do what you do best... Make everyone laugh and smile :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete