Welcome!

"Healing Hands for Arianne" has been set up by friends and family of Arianne Jones, a young woman who suffered a ruptured aneurysm which resulted in subarachnoid hemorrhage on the evening of May 19, 2013. As we support Ari on her long road of recovery, updates will be posted here to share with those interested in helping. Whether you choose to pray for her, offer monetary support, or simply spread the word... we appreciate that you've stopped by. To donate to her benefit fund, please click the link below her picture on the right.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

My BFF-SIL


Sister in Law just doesn’t quite capture my relationship with Arianne. I like to think BFF-SIL is my new title. Arianne and I met in the 10th grade through a mutual friend, I thought she was pretty, sweet and popular and was excited that she wanted to be friends because I was new to the school.  The details are a little fuzzy but one night in a Jack-in-the –box bathroom we shared a moment and from that night on we were BFF’s. Our dads were both rockers and we both grew up listening to live loud music coming from our living rooms. We would reminisce about album covers we remembered. We both wanted to go into the medical/nursing field. We had much in common, and her bright smile, and witty one liners won me over! Needless to say we shared road trips, first boyfriends, first heartaches as well as all the other great things best friends do together. On one of the road trips, we went to Austin and met her brother Mick, whom she absolutely idolized and loved. Well 5 years later I am now Arianne’s sister in law and she has a nephew, then three years after that another nephew. Our boys love their Aunt very much. One Christmas when we couldn’t get together until a few days after Christmas, my boys were very concerned and ask “When are we going to see Aunt Ari?” Yeah, they know where all the good stuff came from and who spoils them.  Life has gotten so busy for the both of us and I miss her. So keep fighting my BFF so we can make some more memories… I Love you.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is that? My heart is just broken over what's happened and what your family is going through... I check this blog every day... looking for good news on Arianne. Please know you are all in my prayers all day long... Lori

    ReplyDelete